Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Heat wave, flies & riding.... the ultimate exercise fly sheet


Oh, my, this heat wave here in the Northeast! I find it hard to keep cool while outside. I'm sure people in the South are laughing about all of this, as it is more the norm for them. It is not normally this hot here and my horses are trying to stay cool in the shade, with this small breeze we have. I'm glad there is at least a bit of a breeze, as we are totally haunted by flies, bugs, mosquito's and the works.

On days like these I'm glad I ride in this horse exercise fly sheet. OK, so we look like an alien, and sure the other horses have their eyes bulging the first time, but with this fly sheet we are simply not bothered by the bugs and can even have a relaxed ride. Can you imagine, a horse barely bothered by the flying enemy? The saddle recess fits great around the English saddle and with the stirrups out.

My rides have greatly improved, so much less tension. I have worked the horse nicely at a comfortable walk, trot and canter. Now the only thing left is me....... I'm the target now :(

No comments:

Post a Comment